We are delighted to announce the dates for our Social Skills groups in Stepping Ahead Clinic!
The groups will be facilitated by Cliona O’Donovan, Speech and Language Therapist and Aisling Deasy, Paediatric Occupational Therapist starting in March 2016.
The groups will take place in our bright, spacious clinic, with an emphasis on building self-esteem and confidence as well as having fun with peers!
These groups will focus on improving the following areas:
- Ability to engage with the child’s peers in a confident meaningful way to enhance their ability to develop meaningful friendships.
- Appropriate expression of opinion and interests.
- Managing emotions when communicating with peers and dealing with bullying and conflict.
- Listening skills and turn taking.
- Developing self-esteem and confidence.
The group will run for 6 weeks and there will be two age ranges.
There will be a group for children between the ages of 7 and 8 years on Wednesdays from 4.30-5.30pm and a group for children between the ages of 9 and 10 years on Wednesdays from 6.00-7.00pm.
Both groups will start on Wednesday 9th of March and run weekly for 6 weeks. If you are interested in Social Skills development for your child please contact us at the Stepping Ahead Clinic on 021 4304822 or e-mail: email@example.com.
We’re really looking forward to these groups as they’re going to be lots of fun for everyone involved!