A very happy new year to everyone and we hope that 2017 has started well for all of you.
We are delighted to announce the dates for our ‘Study Skills Group’ which is due to commence here at the Stepping Ahead Clinic in February 2017. The groups will be facilitated by Jessica Kennedy and Aisling Deasy, Paediatric Occupational Therapists. The groups will take place in our bright, spacious clinic, with an emphasis on building confidence in academic abilities while also having fun with peers!
The group will focus on improving the following areas:
- Exploring different types of learning styles
- Developing study techniques which best suit each individual’s learning style
- Developing organisational skills
- Developing time-management skills
- Understanding exam questions
- Planning and developing essay style questions
- Managing pre-exam nerves and anxiety
- Developing confidence in academic abilities
The group will start on the 16th February and will run weekly for 6 weeks for students in the Junior Cycle of Secondary School (1st- 3rd year). The group will run on Thursday’s from 17:30pm-18:30pm. Due to limited spaces, places will be given on a first come, first served basis. If you are interested in this group for your child please contact us at the Stepping Ahead Clinic on 021 4304822 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
All the best,
The Stepping Ahead team.